Check out our new crests for 2018 on our Crest page
Amazing Arts 2018
Camp Olave - July 15 - July 21, 2018
All the fun of Camp Olave with an arts flair! For girls born in or before 2010. Come as a single, with some friends
or as a patrol with your Guider.
Guiders and QMs are needed.
Girl/patrol and Guider application forms on the Amazing Arts page
Everything you need to know.
Questions, comments, volunteering? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
More Seaside Fun 2018
Camp Olave - July 28 - August 4, 2018
Girls born in or before 2010 are invited to attend.
Girls may apply as groups but they may be split between sites to get the
most out of this camping experience.
Information and girl and Guider applications are on our More Seaside Fun page NOW
Camp Olave 90 years of fun and friendship
Camp Olave is a year round camp with winterized cabins, Kwi Kwa, Ranger, Galalina Cottage, Brownie Hideaway, Brock, Gingerbread, Tipi Wakan, Panabode and Nawilak. Book a cozy retreat by the sea.
In 1927 a dedicated group of women purchased an abandoned log dump called Rat Portage Lumber Camp. Through the depression they paid off the mortagage with bake sales, cake walks, penny
drives and personal donations. Through the war they continued to improve and expand the site and add more cabins. With thousands and thousands of Girl Guide cookies and volunteer hours and the assistance
of the community we have hosted generations of girls and women and introduced them to the joys of camping, the beauty of coastal BC and the fun and friendship of Girl Guides.
It is an amazing gift to the future.
For more about Camp Olave see our  About Camp Olave page.
Looking for us?
Please note that we didn't move Camp Olave but we have changed our address to better match our entrance. Our new address is 1570 Jack Road,
still Sechelt, BC V0N 3A1.
Planning a fun camp? For our Program Guide click here.
Questions? - Good changes are coming to our cleaning arrangements. More information to follow.
Find the answers in our Camp Olave Information Sheet. Not there?
email us at email@example.com
Coordinate your travel plans, out trips, crafts, campfires and more.
Contact our new Travel Cordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an information sheet click here
Low Ropes Course
1. Is there a user fee? No user fee. Thank you all for your donations and we still need a bit more.
2. Any new paperwork required?? No you don't require any different forms.
3. How do I book it? Groups will be contacted about 2 weeks prior to their camp dates to book a time for the low ropes course.
4. Can I supervise it myself? No, a trained facilitator must be with all groups using the course. Camp Olave will provide the facilitator.
5. How many girls can use the site as one time? The maximum size is 30 girls for a ninety minute session. It is helpful if the groups provide Junior Leaders or Guiders to help. Training onsite will be provided.
6. Is it open all year around? It is now closed for the winter.
7. All participants MUST have proper footwear with good tread and be wearing hats.
Girls and Guiders were camping at Camp Olave before most of us were even born!
Here you see an early Vancouver Commissioner.
we celebrated our 90th
Birthday. If you have any photos, questions, stories or comments about Camp Olave please email our webmaster at email@example.com.
For more history and photos see our page About Camp Olave
A lovely summer day at Camp Olave trying out some new canoes!
Below you will see a poem by a happy young camper.
Wind blows in the trees
Softly blowing silently
Calm, nice and very free.
If you too love camp and would like to be a part of Camp Olave email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our wish list Contact our web manager by email.
Girl greatness starts here!